Comment on page
Find your way around.
Talisman is a non-custodial wallet. We do not hold your funds and we do not have the means to access them. Your funds are only as safe as your device and your private key. Do not share your secret phrase with anyone and always back it up.
A: Talisman makes it easy to import your Polkadot.js accounts. All you need is your Polkadot.js password and exported .json file. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Talisman extension menu and click "Add Account"
2. This will open up a browser tab. Click on the "Import from Polkadot.js" button
3. Upload your .json file and enter your Polkadot.js password. IMPORTANT: From this step onwards, your Polkadot.js password will no longer work - Your Talisman password is now the password you must use when accessing your funds.
A: It is likely that your assets were held in a derived account on Polkadot.js, so you need to make sure that you import the correct account.
Derived accounts created on Polkadot.js will not show up in Talisman extension unless you:
- Onboard Talisman with your original secret phrase as a root account and re-derive these accounts (one-by-one) by clicking "Add Account", then "New account". Note: The original password will not be required.
- Import these derived accounts (individually) by JSON backup file. Note: The original password will be required.
To assist us with fixing the bug as quickly as possible, please be sure to include:
- 1.Title Give your thread a descriptive title. Please check to make sure nobody has posted the same bug already. Upvote them if they have!🙏
- 2.Environment Example:
- Device (eg. 16inch Macbook Pro, Late 2015)
- Operating system (eg. MacOS Monterey v12.0)
- Browser (ie. Chrome Version 96.0.4664.55)
- Test build version (ie. Alpha v0.2.1)
- 3.Steps to Reproduce Example:
- Go to 'Add Account'
- Click 'Import from Seed Phrase'
- Enter seed phrase > click 'Restore'
- 4.Expected Result Example: "New account is added from seed phrase and I'm taken to the accounts page"
- 5.Actual Result Example: "Extension crashes and white screen appears"
- 6.Upload a file Please share a video, screen capture or anything else that might help us.
A: A Spirit Key will allow you to gain early access to future Talisman alpha releases, it will also give you the ability to link your wallet in the Talisman discord and access private channels, as well as contribute to the ongoing development of the Talisman project. Holders also get access to special events and giveaways.
A: Spirit Keys are available on the singular marketplace by RMRK. Check the offical collection: https://singular.rmrk.app/collections/b6e98494bff52d3b1e-SPIRIT?page=1&forsale=forSale&sortBy=priceAscending
A: Talisman is focused on building the best wallet to explore the Paraverse of applications within the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem.
As of writing, the extension supports native parachain tokens and selected testnet tokens only.
To transfer your assets to Talisman follow the steps below:
1. Open the Talisman extension interface and view your accounts;
2. Click on the Copy Address button to open your public addresses;
3. You can now search for the asset/network you need.
4. Click the Copy Address button to retrieve your address for each asset. You can now use that address to receive tokens sent from another wallet or exchange into your Talisman wallet.
A: Talisman extension does not collect personal data. It uses Sentry to collect anonymous error reports to help improve its products.
If you want to opt out of these reports, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Talisman extension menu and click "Settings";
2. Click "Security and Privacy";
3. Switch OFF "Error Reporting".
A: If you send less than 1 DOT to empty account, your funds will be lost permanently because of Existential Deposit requirements. You should send at least 1.1 DOT to a new account in order to account for both the Existential Deposit and future transaction fees.
A: If you accidentally close the permission pop-up and are unable to connect your wallet to the dapp, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Talisman extension interface and click "Not connected";
2. Click the account that you want to connect;
3. This will show your selected account as connected to the dapp.
A: Talisman reuses a lot of Polkadot.js code, including the associated anti-phishing libraries to safeguard users from reported scams and phishing websites. These features are developed through community members contributions and are still work in progress.
Users should take care and check information like URLs carefully before connecting their Talisman accounts and review transaction details before signing them.
A: The Talisman browser extension is currently available in English, but there are plans to integrate translations soon.
The Talisman Discord has 14 channels dedicated to our non-English speaking communities to talk all things Dotsama - make sure to drop by to meet other members!