Comment on page
- “Personal information” is any information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
Collection of information
- We collect information directly from you as well as automatically through your use of our Services.
- We may collect information (such as your name, email address or social media username) directly from you in a variety of ways when you interact with us or the Services including when you contact us for support or feedback, sign up for updates, join our social media channels, provide information about your personal or business affairs or participate in user research, surveys and/or promotions.
- When you use the Wallet, we collect anonymous usage data (such as views and clicks) and/or anonymous log and error reports if you opt in during onboarding or through the Wallet settings. You can choose to opt out through the Wallet settings. We use the following analytics services to collect this data: PostHog and Sentry. You can read more about their privacy practices here: PostHog; Sentry.
- Information we will never collect: We will never collect or ask you to share your password, private key or seed phrase.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. You can also delete cookies through your browser settings. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including any essential or functional cookies) you may not be able to use or access all parts of our Services.
Use of your personal information
- Talisman will use personal information collected from you for the following purposes:
- enable you to access and use our Services, associated applications and social media platforms;
- contact and communicate with you about our Services, including in response to any support requests you lodge and other enquiries you make with us;
- administer our internal business and administrative activities;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to manage, research and develop our Services and understand how users access and use our Services;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our events and experiences and information we consider may be of interest to you;
- to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- to diagnose problems and keep our Services secure;
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application;
- to comply with any legal obligations and resolve any disputes; or
- where you have provided consent to use that information in some way.
Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers;
- marketing or advertising providers;
- professional advisors, bankers, auditors, insurers and insurance brokers;
- payment systems operators;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics, Sentry, PostHog or other relevant analytics businesses; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred outside Australia and in places where the parties involved in the processing are located. This may include parties located outside your jurisdiction. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing of information overseas.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
- Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
- Restrict and unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database, opt out from the collection or use of your personal information or to opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
- Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information. If we cannot provide access to your information, we will provide you with information about other steps you can take.
- Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information. If we cannot correct your information, we will provide you with information about other steps you can take.
- Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint.
Security of your personal information
- We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
Links to other websites
Last updated: 28 February 2023.