Talismanwhich includes the Talisman websites (https://app.talisman.xyz; https://talisman.xyz) (each a 'Site') and the Talisman wallet ('Wallet') and any other products and services provided by Talisman (collectively, the 'Services'). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- “Personal information” is any information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
Collection of personal information
- We collect personal information directly from you as well as automatically through your use of our Services.
- Directly from you: We may collect personal information (such as your name, email address or social media username) directly from you in a variety of ways when you interact with us or the Services including when you contact us for support or feedback, sign up for updates, join our social media channels, provide information about your personal or business affairs or participate in user research, surveys and/or promotions.
- Automatically: We may automatically collect information from you through your use of our Services. This includes information such as log and usage data, browser and device characteristics, operating system, referring URLs, country, information about usage of our Services and other technical information. This information will not be used to identify any individual and steps will be taken to remove any personally identifiable information. We use these third-party tools to collect such information:
- Fathom Analytics - We use this tool to collect de-identified and aggregated data (e.g. browser type, operating system, length of time on the Site and referring URL) about your use of the Site to understand user activity and to improve our Services. Fathom Analytics does not use any cookies. You can read more about this on Fathom Analytics' website.
- We do not collect any sensitive information from your use of the Site or Wallet, such as your account name and address, password, private keys and seed phrase.
Use of your personal information
- Talisman will use personal information collected from you for the following purposes:
- enable you to access and use your Services, associated applications and social media platforms;
- contact and communicate with you, including about our Services and any marketing activities;
- administer our internal business activities;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to manage, research and develop our Services and understand how users access and use our Services;
- to diagnose problems and keep our Services secure;
- to comply with any legal obligations and resolve any disputes;
- where you have provided consent to use that information in some way.
- Where you have given us consent to use your information in a certain way, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or opting out of the relevant settings in your Wallet.
Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, affiliates, partners, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. This includes service providers who perform functions necessary for our Services such as data hosting and storage.
- We may need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademark, legal rights, property or safety of Talisman, its users or third parties.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to the extent permissible at law to transfer any information we hold. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality.
- In any other case, we may only share your personal information where you have provided consent to do so and for that specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us on [email protected].
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries such as Australia and United States.
Security of your personal information
- Talisman is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details or deletion of any personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, incomplete or misleading, please email us at [email protected]. We will use reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests to the extent possible and required by law of your country. We may require additional information to verify your identity before we respond to such a request.
Last updated: 19 September 2022